In the social media world, a verified account or page holds credibility. It means that the social media network did their due diligence to confirm that the content being published is actually coming from the person or business they claim to be.
Aside from the credibility factor, there are many other benefits to getting your social media account verified. These benefits include:
- Legitimacy & Brand Awareness
- Show up higher in search results to attract more visitors
- Direct Connect With Your Core Audience
Get Business Verified On Facebook
Verifying your business on Facebook is extremely easy. If you already have a Facebook Business page and have admin privileges, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
You also have the option to upload a business document rather than verify via phone call. Facebook accepts the following business documents for verification:
- Business utility or phone bill
- Business license
- Business tax file
- Certificate of formation
- Articles of incorporation
Verifying via document takes a few business days to process. Once you become verified, your business page will receive the gray check next to your name. See an example on the Official Biegalski LLC Facebook Page.
Get Business Verified On Twitter
You can now request to be verified on Twitter! Previously you had to wait until they reached out to you! Reference this article for all requirements.
Twitter typically reserves verified accounts for notable people and companies. Unfortunately a small mom & pop shop is unlikely to get accepted into the verification program.
If you are able to prove your "newsworthiness or relevancy" to Twitter, they will likely accept your verification request. Good luck, click the button below to begin the verification request: